Another great review of a great concert with Marsh Ladies Choir which the Village Team took part in last Christmas. As posted in the Brighouse Examiner.
CHBR Village Team performing Passacaglia at this evenings concert with the Marsh Ladies Choir.
Several months of practise was all worth while last night, when the “Village” team entered the Mrs Sunderland music competition 2019 last night and were placed second in their class!
The team played two tunes “Winter” by Vivaldi and “Teddy Bears Picnic” by John Walter Bratton.
The team received some very positive comments from the Adjudicator
“This was a lovely performance in which you demonstrated some excellent ensemble playing throughout”
“You were fully aware of each others part and performed musically. A polished performance”
The Clifton Village Team will be in action at the following venues for the rest of 2017
- Friday 22nd September – Rastrick Beer Festival (19:30 – 20:30) St John’s Church Rastrick HD6 1HT
- Saturday 23rd September – Brighouse Central Methodist Church in concert with the Marsh Ladies Choir (19:30 start)
- Saturday 7th October – HRGB NE Autumn Rally and 50th Birthday celebrations – Sheffield (Further Details to Follow)
- Saturday 18th October – HRGB NE 50th Birthday Party – St Paul’s Methodist Church, Sowerby Bridge (Further Details to Follow)
- Saturday 2nd December – In concert with Stannington Brass Band – Lomas Hall Stannington S6-6DB (19:30 start)
- Saturday 9th December – In concert with Gledholt Male Voice Choir – St Paul’s Hall Huddersfield (19:30 start)
- Wednesday 13th December – In concert for Fixby WI – Fixby Golf Club, Huddersfield (19:30 start)
Why not come along and see the team in action at one of the above venues and experience the traditional art of Yorkshire “Off Table” Handbell ringers.
Saturday 3rd December 2016
The Village Ringers were in concert on Saturday 3rd December 2016 with the Huddersfield Singers at St Paul’s Hall Huddersfield.
The team played a selection of tunes from the winter repertoire alongside the carol selection from the Singers.
Everyone enjoyed the evening and we look forward to our next engagement together.
See Below for a review of the evening published in Monday 5th December Huddersfield Examiner
After a few concerts to finish the 2015 season, the Clifton Village Team will be back and performing throughout the 2016 year.
The concerts/events page has been updated with all the latest dates, so why not come along and catchup with the team during 2016.
Clifton Village (Concert) Team
- 2nd March 2016 – Low Moor Mothers Union at 19:30.
- 5th March 2016 – Concert at Cleckheaton Methodist Church at 18:30.
- 18th March 2016 – Concert at Clifton St Johns Church with the Fixby Song Birds at 19:30.
- 29th October 2016 – HRGB NE Rally Brighouse Central Methodist Church 10:00 -17:00.
- 3rd December 2016 – Concert at St Paul’s Hall Huddersfield with the Huddersfield Singers at 19:30.
- 17th December 2016 – Concert at Brighouse Central Methodist Church with Marsh Ladies Choir.
If you would like more information about any of our concerts, or would like to book us, then please contact us
The Clifton Handbell Ringers are in concert with the Fixby Songbirds as part of the Brighouse Arts Festival.
The Concert is on Wednesday 23rd September 2015 at St John’s Church Rastrick (HD6 1HN) Map Link) from 7:30pm
Tickets £6.50 concessions £5.00 Two award winning local musical ensembles will perform a range of songs and instrumental music.
Saturday 1st Feb, was an awful evening weather wise, but the Village team were out in Concert with a local singing group called 5 in Harmony.
The concert was at Salendine Nook Baptist Church Huddersfield and was well received by the audience.
The Village team will be performing in two concerts during April & May 2013
The first in on Saturday 26th April & the Second Wednesday 1st May, we will try and get some further video and photos to ensure the site is kept up to date, wouldn’t want anyone to think the stuff on here was getting old! 🙂
Saturday 1st December saw the Village Ringers pack the kit up and travel down the M1 to Sheffield to join the Stannington Brass Band in their Christmas Concert Celebration.
We had an excellent evening, the bells were greatly received and everyone passed comment on the sound they made!
Thanks to everyone who made it possible, and thanks again to Stannington for having us!